because i know you've missed him...

crazy cousin once removed: well... obama's the president.
me: yep.
aunt: did you vote?
me: ya. i baROCKed my vote.
ccor: i voted for mccain because he was in 'nam.
me: right on.
ccor: not that it even matters who's president.
me: why?
ccor: because all the real decisions are made by an elite, secret society.
me: gasp! ...the pentavirate?
ccor: i don't know what they're named but i know they're calling all the shots.
me: right on.
ccor: not that it even matters what secret society is ruling the world.
me: why?
ccor: because the world's going to end in the year 2012.
me: bummer.
ccor: december 21*, 2012 to be exact. so, you know, what does any of it matter?
me: ... right on.

the end.

*actual date of the apocolypse has been changed so as not to ruin the surprise for you all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wanna know more about this presumably five-manned pentavirate!
Leah said…
My whacky but wonderful brother and his whacky and sometimes wonderful friends are all about the Mayan calendar and the world ending (as we know it, apparently we'll still go on somehow) in 2012.
Em said…
Ooh... how I hated the Colonel... with his wee beady eyes and that smug look upon his face!
Ann-Marie said…
thanks for not ruining the surprise!
Nama said…
dang it, kat! now i'm going to be waking up everyday of 2012 wondering if the world is going to end that day. way to ruin my life.
Kirsten said…
that whole group of ppl runing the world thing is belived by more ppl that I thought.... no offence to anyone who thinks that way or anything.
Anonymous said…
Are you sure it's not 2013? That's the year I turn thirty, and I was kinda wanting to at least make it to thirty.