Summer Reading

I kinda thought it would be a fun, whimsical summer goal to reread (or re-Audible, if I’m being honest) each of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE OF ALL! TIME! EVER! books.

But then I started to worry that there’s no way my beloveds (super creepy word choice, Kat) could live up to the hype and I was effectively ruining all of my favorite books.

Like when you plan dinner with an old friend that you haven’t seen in over a decade and as you’re driving to the restaurant you think, “Wait. I’ve changed since college. What if they have too? What if they kill puppies for a living?? What if they think dinosaurs and dragons are the same thing??? What if they were always the worst, but I was too stupid to notice it until now?? What if they’re so boring, I panic and start filibustering about how cinnamon is technically a vegetable and pickles are technically fruit???”

... Anywho.

So far I've re-listened to "The House of the Spirits," "The Three Musketeers," and "Me Talk Pretty One Day."

Still in the queue are "The Count of Monte Cristo," "Jurassic Park," "Sense and Sensibility," "To Kill a Mockingbird," and "Davita's Harp."

I've also got a list of books that I had to read in school and hated, but I bet I'd appreciate them now as an adult. But that feels like more of an Autumn goal.

Comments