berkley

i tend to bond with my food servers- mostly because they bring me food- and i like to think that i'm more than just a customer to them, that i'm more than just a means to a $3 tip.
the adorable taco bell cashier, casey from cup of joe, they all have a special place in my heart. however, i think i found a true soulmate yesterday at olive garden... berkley.
berkley is funny and cute and fun to talk to.
he referred to me as "intense".
he sat down at my table and listened to one of my stories.
he teased me.
he brought me black tie mousse cake.
i loved him. purely. intensely. deeply.
and yet, eventually we had to part ways. and now i'm sad because i miss him.
the thing is, with most of my pseudo friends, i realize that it's purely situational. if i met them at a ward activity i'd go, "nice to meet you", and ask them where they're from, and what their major is, and then i'd never think about them again. but if i met berkley at a ward activity i'd go, "nice to meet you, berkley", abd ask him where he's from, and what his major is, and then hang out with him all the time because making small talk with berkley would be fun because berkley is fun.
and that's really all i can say about it.