shattered

the kids in my ward finally realized that i'm tall.
i'd settled into complacency. that was the main problem i think.

on sunday after ward prayer i was doing the typical mingley thing, and i noticed a group of nearby minglers speaking in hushed tones... then looking over at me... then speaking in hushed tones.
then looking over at me.
and i thought to myself, "man. i must be lookin' good tonight!"
and then, one from the group was sent over to me. the scout. the scout sidled up to me and in a hushed voice asked, "so... how tall are you?"
and without any sense of humor, or, you know, insouciance, i rolled my eyes and said, "5'11". and no, i don't play basketball. and i don't play volleyball."
so the scout scurried back to the group to report that i indeed know how tall i am. and that i have an attitude problem.
they figured the best course of action was to surround me and discuss it in further detail.

i think the other main problem was that i wore high heels to church that day.
oh sense of humor, where have you gone?

Comments