plans

when i was 13 years old, i completely charted out the next 10 years of my life. with my friend kate, at her kitchen table.
not a single facet of my life turned out the way my 13 year old, chris o'donnell loving, billy joel album owning, poofy banged self thought it should.

phew.

not to insult the 10 year plan. it was great. but in 1995, i didn't know what the internet was, i'd never gone on a date, and i'd never seen an episode of "the simpsons". i didn't have all the information.

cut to me 10 years later trying to chart out my life.
because me writing down where i want to be in 10 years on a post it note will totally make it happen.
(and apparently me doing taebo in the mornings is an integral cog in my 10-year-plan-well-being clock.)
instead of planning the future, maybe i should kind of plan the now.
otherwise, by next thursday i'll be living in my car in the howlett's driveway.

Comments

kat said…
sigh... ya.
but at least i don't have the big bangs.
it's all about taking things one step at a time.