forget me not

yes. the rumors are true. i forgot my mother's birthday yesterday.
i'm pretty sure you can go to hell for something like that.
my karma's completely messed up now. on my way to work this morning i HIT A GARBAGE CAN and shattered my side view mirror.

something must be done. something drastic. something to reallign the beautiful cosmos of my life. so i've been going through the list of presents i've bought recently but haven't ended up giving people to see what i can give my mother to appease her.
trendy bright green necklace? no.
wallet with bunny that says "buy me stuff and i'll be nicer"? probably not.
darth vader mask? hmm... not bad.
a can of chicken and stars soup? perhaps.
gift certificate to book store? that actually might work.
chocolate, lot's and lot's of chocolate? duh.
a kite with a dragon on it? hot chocolate mix? a pair of earrings that broke? my first born??


i'm in so much trouble.

Comments

barnesanova said…
i think what you do is, get her a gift that you can then claim arrived late, hence your late delivery!

perhaps some tickets to an all-provo production of 'our house'? or maybe a plant that you bought as a seed but grew to fruition for a splendidly blossomish presentation.
Ben said…
Don't worry. When the moon is in the fifth house and Jupiter is aligned with Mars, everything will be fine.
Jay said…
Nothing says 'Sorry for missing your Birthday' like your first born. Except you would have had to given birth to the kid ON your mother's birthday.

What better gift than a grandchild who is born on g'ma's birthday too. Better get one of those Cambodian infants before Angelina Jolie buys them all up.
Nama said…
first, do some yoga do center your chi, and then give her the chocolate-flavored darth vadar kite that's broken and says "buy me stuff and i'll be nicer".

p.s. i forgot my sister's birthday yesterday, but she's estranged from the fam. so i don't think i'm going to hell.
Leah said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chester B. said…
When birthdays are this close to Christmas I don't think you can be held accountable for forgetting.

In fact, you should just give one present on Christmas that says both "Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas." I mean, Christmas is just one big birthday party anyway, right?
Jay said…
I disagree. Combining christmas presents and birthday presents suck. One of my cousin's birthdays is close to Christmas and I always felt sorry for her.
My birthday is close to Thanksgiving and usually I got leftovers as part of the party food. That sucks !! I'm against all combinings of birthdays and other everts into one party. Because, really, what's the real motivation for the party, you or the other event?? And why should you have to compete with another holiday anyway??

BOO to combined parties !!!!
barnesanova said…
my birthday is the 22nd of december. i'll gladly take presents that were intended for other people's birthdays throughout the year.
Carolyn said…
Ha, for once, I am the good daughter! For once, I am the daughter who remembered the birthday and sent an honest-to-goodness present. I know this will be a short-lived victory.
Leah said…
I agree with Jay. No combos. Tell her you thought it'd be a better surprise if you gave it to her late.
Lincoln said…
Wow. So I'll see you in Hell then?
Chester B. said…
Man, I was just trying to help...

:)

It's like the Christmas and Birthday before one goes on a mission...it's hard to be excited about getting a suit from Santa Claus.
Jon said…
Not if your first born looks like that picture.