a week.

sunday
alarm set for 4am
i flew to anaheim sunday morning to go to a trade show. and let me tell you, it was all business.

no really.


work, work, work. that's all i ever do.


no fun was had.


except the fun of working and working hard.



monday
no alarm. miracle.
i've only had one quasi celebrity siting in my life. and i don't know how much that one counts because nobody believed me.
thank heavens i was carrying a camera around with me because the tradeshow i went to was a huge draw to the red carpet set.
and now i have proof!
here's a picture of people ogling dr. quinn medicine woman.

and here's a picture of people staring at vanna white.

hard. evidence.

tuesday
back in utah.
1. should i be worried by my familiarity with the wendys drive thru employees?
2. nothing says "i love you" like the phrase "wanna do it?" written in frosting on a chocolate truffle heart.

wednesday
got done with work at 7 pm.
after i got off work my 40 minute commute to slc took me 5 hours.

let's think about that for a second.
FIVE HOURS.
no really. think about it.

we will seriously wait right here until you think about it.

and for anyone else who was stuck in the commute from hell wednesday night, i'm sorry. i was right there with you.
seriously people. i almost died.
not because of the "dangerous" "hurricane speed winds" or the "snow drifts" or the "idiots" who "think" "four wheel drive" "equals" "invincibility" (maybe my chris farley impressions don't really cross over into written form.) but because it took me four and a half hours to go 10 miles (yes, that's a little over 2 miles an hour. yes, i could have walked faster. yes, i did the math in my head as i sat in my car gnawing on a peanut butter truffle heart for nourishment) and i was so frustrated i just stopped living. well. almost.

near death experience.
i am not prone to hyperbole.
and i am not copying spliz's blog.

thursday
alarm set for 4 am.
working at a chocolate factory has killed christmas and seriously maimed halloween for me. but i'm happy to say that even when it's combined with lack of sleep and having to explain 127 times that no i'm not writing on little cakes but on heart shaped chocolate and yes, yes i am very talented thank you for having the clarity to recognize that, and no i don't know where the forever 21 is located.... working at a chocolate factory cannot and will not beat the valentine's day out of me. i love valentine's day. i love that you celebrate it by wearing pink and eating cinnamon candy. i don't even care that my left hand fell off at approximately 7:30 pm because love was in the air (yes, you should be humming the song (loudly (and with gumption)) even though rumor has it it should never be played (which totally goes against my ownership of the "strictly ballroom" soundtrack but whatever)) and valentine's day miracles abounded (really and truly. maybe i'll talk about it later.) as did chocolate covered strawberries.

friday
alarm was slept through. and rightfully so.
i even managed to hit snooze on ziggy. he tried to wake my up at 8:30 and i managed to convince him to sleep for another half hour.
1. should i be worried that i ordered something new at arbys but they still gave me the meal i usually order every other time i go there?
2. that's really all i've got so far.

Comments

Andrew H said…
What Casanova gave a heart with "Wanna Do It?" written on it? BRILLIANT!!!
Em said…
Did you give Mickey a hug for me? I miss him. And you, too. I guess. :)
Lincoln said…
You need a film crew to follow you around. It would be nice to see your daily exploits on camera.
Anonymous said…
As much as i love Utah, and I really do, I do like how I will NEVER have a five-hour commute due to snow.
I thought I'd just rub it in.
Please don't hate me.
Nama said…
3) you should really work on not "frightening children" or "popping your white heads with a compass you used in high school." bennett would be proud.
Spliz said…
man, what loser bought a heart that said "wanna do it?"

seriously.

um, I want you to know that Michael is sitting with me right now, and he's really excited to see your picture, and he tells me you're going to come visit him. someday.

his exact words.
Anonymous said…
I just thought I should tell you that I saw you at the Olive Garden last night. I swear it was you. Statuesque, beautiful... Then she turned around and wasn't nearly as cute as you and then I realized it wasn't you and was sad. You have a back and profile twin though. Just thought you would like to know. I MISS YOU!!