say it aint so

this morning, while i was driving to work the radio played a smashing pumpkin song, then a weezer song, then an r.e.m. song and then a nirvana song.
i went to abc.com to watch the latest episode of "lost" and noticed there were episodes of "my so called life" up and ready to view.
"clueless" is a brilliant, brilliant movie. i know because my sister and i rented it. it was in the "new release" section of blockbuster.

so i'm just wondering which morning it was exactly that i woke up in 1995. not that i have a problem with it. i just feel like maybe the PTBs could've asked or even just warned me before they sent me swirling back in time. i mean, am i supposed to right some life altering wrong from freshman year of high school? or am i supposed to lay low and try to avoid altering the space time continuum? are there snapples in this reality? will a butterfly flapping its wings in tibet cause a hurricane in ontario? i don't even know what night a famous bolt of lightening hit the clock tower! gaah!

.
.
.
man... reality bites.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Embrace the flannel, Kat.
Nama said…
is it time to break out my platforms again?!?
matt said…
ya know, smashing pumpkins, weezer, r.e.m., and nirvana are all represented in rock band... which we have... there i go trying to be subtle again.
Anonymous said…
actually i think that you did not go to 1995, but your inner self is saying that it's time to have a dance party!
Heather said…
Ah, 1995. I'm running my tongue across the front of my teeth and NOT missing those braces. RIP.
Kirsten said…
I LOVE IT WHEN THE RADIO DOES THAT!!!!

and when did "reality bites" come out? cuz I did think it was kinda funny you did that at the end, and I am too dense to know whether you did that on purpose or not.
Ben said…
Man, I wish it were '95 again. Man. Good times. Good times, man. Yeah.
Rach said…
Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to childhood. But then I remember stirrup pants and oversize sweaters. And puff paint. Oh, it haunts me.
Maria said…
Hey Kat! How are you! Guess what! A lot of us old second warders are planning an awesome April Fool's evening activity. Go to my blog for more information: http://macawa.blogspot.com/
Chester B. said…
I think corduroy needs to make a comeback...again.