busy

i go back and forth on the whole "being busy" spectrum.
more importantly i go back and forth on whether i like being busy.
i like being active. i like being busy with a project that has an end point. confidentially, i like being busy when it makes me feel important. seriously. that's how i roll.
i don't like being busy for busyness' sake. i don't like being busy with a project that i know will never come to fruition. i don't like being busy because i spent too much time commuting.
and i don't like being busy on really hot, sunshiny days like today when i'm pretty sure my calling in life involves sitting in a big inflatable chair in the middle of a swimming pool.
days like to day make me think i should stop and i should smell the flowers.


... he's smelling flowers.
i swear.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I dog-sat this weekend, and my sister's dogs smelled a lot of flowers. They made some, too.
Lincoln said…
yer mom smells like flowers
Em said…
He's so handsome! That's it! I'm coming down there!
Nama said…
hey, it's almost june. my life calling will soon become sitting inside or outside of a pool eating pizza delivered right to the pool side. we should get together on this...
Mrs. Bean said…
you have a dog, and you shar him on your blog. I love it! I love dog people.
Rach said…
Oh yes, there are many important lessons we can learn from dogs. And I'm sure there's a t-shirt at a truck stop somewhere that chronicles all of them.