fast times

the teeny boppers have started school again which, let's face it, is thrilling.
nine years ago i made it out of high school unscathed with less than a handful of names on my vengeance list, and as a result i don't think about high school much. until i talk with the teensy tiny teeny boppers. today i've made a point of asking them how their day was as they walk in to work and this is what i've gotten so far...

"how was your day?"

"fine. i just basically fell in love today, that's all."

"i pretty much hate all my classes."

"this kid named rocky passed the spirit stick on to me."

"i wore my 'many dates' shirt today."

"this guy came up and talked to me today and he was pretty cool and we were both wearing green and then my friends told me later not to like him because he's a jerk and they told me some stories about him but, like, you can't just stop being in love with someone in one day."


i'm telling you.
thrilling.

Comments

Lincoln said…
how long did it take you to fall in love with me in high school?
Ann-Marie said…
i wish my life was like that. i pretty much haven't fallen in love with anyone in all my live long days!
Leah said…
I still crush like a 13 year old. And I pretty much fall in love at least once a week, usually twice.
Anonymous said…
You know who else had a vengeance list? Nixon. I think it worked pretty well for him.
Gorilla Bananas said…
I once saw a pelican that had fallen in love with a woman.
Cracka Chips said…
When I hear stories of High school students I am once again relieved that I am 10 years past those days myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the rare few that actually enjoyed High School. But I would NEVER want to return to that time.
Falling in and out of love is something I have never done. And the ritual of it has always seemed a bit fake. But I think that is just because my soul is made of ice. :)
Nama said…
ah, high school. and teeny boppers. and cheese fries.

i sometimes miss those days...
Em said…
I start school in one week. SOS!
matt said…
i sometimes like to respond to that question with a very chipper "piss off."
Fat eSpence said…
I guage how old I am based on how much teenagers annoy me. Right now I'm pondering calling the police on an amorous couple who park in front of my house all night. I must be about 72.