an argument against democracy

a certain senator's campaign manager, who i really like (he's very grandpa-ish) (and he calls me "bright eyes"), came by the office to talk to my boss and, while he was waiting, said rather seriously, "kathryn, come sit down and talk to me."
"sure, bob."
i sat down next to him on the couch and waited for him to compose his thoughts.
"now... why on earth is a girl like you single?"

so much for getting my perspective on the budget crisis.

i did what i always do and joked around the issue and then smiled and nodded while he gave me dating advice, and then said, "i think you're absolutely right!"


so here's what i think, in a couple of weeks the congressman who might be challenging a certain senator in the primary is going to be coming into the office. and i figure i'll sit down with his campaign manager and have him/her give me some dating advice.

and that is how i'll decide who to vote for.

Comments

Chad Can Plan said…
Well, I guess those are your tax dollars at work. Was it as mildly awkward as it sounds?
Jena said…
EXCELLENT strategy!