oldie but goodie

i'm sure you've all heard this story, but i really enjoy telling it.

last summer, there was a delightful young man who lived in the villa. i called him kevon (because that was his name). sometimes he was a bit off putting. he would lure me into his car using rasberry cheesecake as bait. he would whisper creepy nothings into my ear. he would kidnap me and try to take me to parties. but deep down he was a cool guy.

when kevon moved into a much nicer apartment, he took me on a tour. and that day something came over me. i'm not sure if it was the lack of cinder blocks, or the lack of lead based paint, but i was caught up in the moment and offered to be his new roomate.

kevon laid down the law, "i would never live with a girl unless she was my girlfriend."
happy to be playing a fun new game, i said, "ok."
then the mood changed to one of complete gravity as kevon said, "umm... i think it would be better if we were just friends."
was kevon letting me down easy? "are you... breaking up with me?" i asked.
"ya."
".... ok."

kevon dumped me, and we were never dating.
i hate it when that happens.