7 years in the making

in order to regain a shred of the independence i lost by getting voice mail on my cell phone, i went to a movie by myself for the first time EVER.

let me be candid.
none of the following reasons are why i went...
  • i was bored
  • i have a theory that mac's have monopolized the cinematic product placement niche and i wanted to see what a futuristic mac owned world is like (important to note: even with complete robot domination, it isn't half bad)
  • my roomate's been unconscious on my couch for over 48 hours
  • the beautiful will smith
  • the equally beautiful audi.

when i was 15 i made a long list of things i wanted to do before i died. a really long list. one of the inconsequential things on it was going to a movie by myself. i don't really know why it was on the list or why that particular item has stayed with me through the years. maybe because such an insignificant action seemed to represent the first step in becoming the self sufficient, unabashed person i so wanted to become. not to say that now i'm in anyway ready to take that backpacking trip through europe, or learn that second language but as restless as i've been lately, it was kind of a relief to easily do something i never EVER could have done when i was 15.

Comments