"if you think i'm tall, you should see my dad!"

yesterday i got a job. another one. a third one. a really nice one.

were they amazed by my resume?
no. i didn't bring one.

were they impressed by my references??
no. unless being a babysitter for the howlett's is impressive.

were they blown away by my portfolio?!?
no. they didn't see one.

but they did think my replies to their "wow... you're really tall" comments were funny.
and they thought it was really cool that i'd brought chocolate truffles in for them.
and my outfit was really cute.

... did you guys ever see "working girl"?
at the end of the movie, melanie griffith has her fancy new job, and fancy new office, and fancy new harrison ford. she puts her feet up on her new desk and calls joan cusack who rejoices on her behalf.
the end.
roll credits.
which now drives me crazy because melanie griffith has just spent the past two hours of my life posing as some executive, and ya, she did it for the greater good, but now she's an actual executive.
what the heck is she going to do now? she doesn't have a college degree. she doesn't have any experience. she doesn't have a resume, or a reference, or a portfolio. she's still posing.
what happened to the "working girl" when she actually started working?

and more importantly, how can i get myself a harrison ford?
mmmm...

Comments