get along with THIS!

if my blog were a sitcom, it would have to have a little off topic, pre-credits, opening blurb scene.

i've been going to the gym pretty religiously this week and i've been trying to eat a v. high protein lunch for energy purposes. i'm not really sure what "high protein" involves. steak, obviously. and eggs. and hopefully mexican food because really that's what i've been eating for lunch.
i haven't lost any weight yet.

roll opening credits. and now to the point.

i thought i knew how to get along with people, but lately i don't feel up to the task.
my roomate's friends come over pretty consistently. Saturday her sister wore a t-shirt that said, "i [heart symbol] buns." and the whole group of them kept on calling each other's cell phones and leaving the message,"you're such a fag" over and over and over.
i sat in the kitchen and sketched a picture of an eye.

this guy came into the retail store to buy a bunch of mint truffles for his little sister's wedding shower. his t-shirt said, "trust me i'm a virgin."
i did not trust him.

ok. if my blog were a sitcom, you'd definitely get a commercial break, so here you go. why don't you go get a beverage or something?

a nice young man was, well, let's say aggressively befriending me (re: standing in retail store for 2 hours talking about ex-navy adventures, alaska, and the mythical "white elk", leaving notes paper clipped to time card, calling every morning to check in, etc.) and bless his heart, i really couldn't get myself to pay attention. i kept on watching teen mothers take their young infants to the piercing kiosk right outside the store (horrifying). and then i'd realize i wasn't paying attention, and try to focus, but i couldn't because old navy adventures really aren't that interesting when there isn't some sort of war on.

of course, you could compare that to the 2 byu boys whose idea of aggressive befriendment was... well... a blog sitcom would have dialogue, right?
me: would you like a fudge sample?
byu dude: i bought a hat today.
me: so... yes?
byu dude: a u.s.c. hat.
me: what flavor would you like?
byu dude: i'm going to where it to the game.
me: ok
byu dude: are you going to the game?
me: the game?
him: the game.
me: what game?
him: sigh... the byu/usc football game.
me: oh... i don't really care about that.
him: i really value your honesty at this early stage in our relationship.
me: so... fudge?

maybe i never really got along with people. maybe it's just that people got along with me.
i miss those days.

the only other thing my blog sitcom would need (besides a laugh track) is another off topic blurb during the closing credits.

i'm currently reading "i, robot". it's good, but i'm thinking of telling people i'm reading "the brothers karamazov" because it sounds smarter.
and it's not like anyone's ever actually read it.

Comments