2 cents

everyone i work with has been doing a "yay! bush is president! the country is no longer in danger of careening down into a pit of terrorism and economic ruin!" victory dance.
good on them.
contrasted with my non work friends who've been doing a "crap! bush is president! the country is now in danger of careening down into a pit of terrorism and economic ruin!" defeat dance.
that's hard.
me? i am doing no dance. i'm doing a pathetically apathetic non-dance. seriously. i want to have an opinion. i wish somebody would explain their fuss to me so i could join in and have some sort of lasting side inclination.
i think all this makes me wishy washy.
or a fence sitter.
or something else equally disappointing.

in one of my high school yearbooks there's a huge, 2 page spread of a bunch of students cheering at a football game. it's complete pandemonium. everyone's going crazy.
except me, who's standing there with some pretty impressive not caring. (plus, my hair is doing some weird floopy thing).

here's where my problem is, i think. i know that who the president is matters. i tell myself this. that it somehow effects my life, but i just don't see it.
it doesn't change the fact that i've misplaced $60.
it doesn't change the fact that despite taking soda completely out of my diet for the last month, i have gained 2 pounds.
it doesn't change the fact that at dinner friday night i ended up playing the role of "live in girlfriend" to a random gay friend who needed to "butch it up" for his co workers who, i'm guessing, haven't realized his pure outness by now because of all the "SAKE BOMBS!!" they were downing that night.
it doesn't change the fact that i think he got to second base.
it doesn't change the fact that the teller at zion's bank has a crush on the dressed up me cashing my paycheck, and then two weeks later asks the scrubby (and 2 pounds heavier) me if i know one of his friends who also works at the chocolate factory and is their graphic designer.
so i say ya, and isn't she swell.

if the presidential election could somehow fix all that, then believe you me i'd take more of an interest.
i swear.

it might be time to feng shui my room again, because there's some serious karmac energy gone awry.

Comments