pop culture overload

i just want to hit something.
or someone.
why is there such a consistent barrage of list shows? "outrageous fashion" this and "hotnessy people" that.
why?
why??
and why is paris hilton on every single list?
and why, when they're talking about paris hilton, do they always start by saying, "paris doesn't exactly live... the simple life... [pause for audience laughter at hideously overused pun]"?
forcing me to get up and slap my tv.
why do they do this to me?
you know, i used to like paris hilton, back in the day when everyone hated her. but now everyone's all, "oh paris, what list have you gotten yourself onto now" and it makes me completely insane.
and also, mtv gave her an award for the catch phrase of 2004... "that's hot." and in a post award show interview they asked her what 2005's catch phrase would be and she said... "loves it."
which hurts me.

what if people actually start saying it?

Comments