mixed messages

picture this...
me walking into smiths to buy soap and a cadbury egg, and a truck zooming past me in the parking lot and then screeching to a stop and three little prepubescent boy heads popping out and one of them saying, "excuse me, ma'am?" and me looking at them and and then them howling and then zooming away.
they ma'amed me.

picture this...
me watching "the simpson's" and an older man in a red flannel shirt coming to the door to sell candy bars for his daughter and me buying one but not having $2, only having $1.75 and him saying that would be fine and that he's happily married and even if he wasn't i'm much too young for him but i'm very pretty and that's why i could have the candy bar at such a bargain price.
flannel. he was wearing flannel.

this is one of those blogs where i'm pretending to be indignant, but really i'm just relieved someone actually thought i was pretty.

Comments