recollections and reveries

i spent a good portion of last week wandering around the anaheim craft and hobbies show calculating the effect scrapbooking is having on the depletion rate of our rainforests.
it was during one such reverie that i was pulled into a booth by a handful of japanese business men. i tried to explain to the translator that although their brushes were beautiful, they were essentially useless to me because i have no training in the art of "fu-de".
my protestations were to no avail and i was promptly seated across from a "fu-de master" to begin my fu-de training. the fu-de master put a brush in my hand and showed me step-by-step how to fu-de a picture of bamboo while the rest of the men in the booth gathered behind me to watch.
i struggled at the art of fu-de. perhaps it was my lack of oneness with the brush. or the fact that the fu-de master was sitting across from me so everything i was trying to mimic was upside down. or, you know, it could've been the hoard of japanese men behind me. i'm not trying to pass blame. and i took no offense when the fu-de master had the translator ask me if i wanted him to fix my fu-deage.
and then he had the translator tell me that i could always use the brushes for putting on my makeup.

Comments

Andrew H said…
I think it's very Pur-De!
matt said…
i like it when you make up words.
Nama said…
pretty! but not as pretty as your face, which, perhaps these so-called fu-de brushes would make prettier?
Chester B. said…
yoku dekimashita yo.
Em said…
so beautiful... so delicate...