superbowl

on sunday, after watching me shove yet another "superbowl" cupcake into my mouth, my grandmother ever so solemnly informed me, "kathryn, you eat too much chocolate."
i finished chewing, wiped the excess frosting off my face and said, "i'm sorry, apparently we've never met. i'm your granddaughter. kathryn. i've been shovelling chocolate into my mouth ever since i was old enough to, you know, shovel. so deal with it."
concerned, my grandmother cupped her hand to her ear and said, "what?"
raising my voice i repeated, "i said, 'i'm sorry'..."
she smiled.
i chickened out, "i said i'm sorry."


superbowl cupcakes though.
genius.
i might not follow the basketball, but the food sure is good.

Comments

Annegirl said…
I'm just glad that the Cougars are having such a great season at home in their new stadium with the ugly name and I really hope they don't end up selling the team because then where will I go on dates? That's all.
Ben said…
Amazing. One day, I'm sure, you'll actually say those things to your grandma. And then she will pass out or kill you. Or both.
Lincoln said…
I love your grandma.
Chester B. said…
One word, "Chicken in a Bisquit."

I guess that's four.
Em said…
chocolate is the best superbowl companion... from the holes in one to the penalty box... :)
Jay said…
What's a superbowl? Is that some kind of new cereal ?
Adriane said…
No, it's the bowl yo mamma has to use to eat her cereal.
Nama said…
mmm...super cupcakes...
Leah said…
My grandma died from eating superbowl cupcakes...