it's my birthday

today is the day where i birthday it up kat style.



um... and it's also the day i promise to never say that again.


remember when i was 25?
ya... it was good times.

in fact, here are 25 very important things i did as a 25 year old.
  1. i took up jogging.
  2. i gave up jogging.
  3. i bought all the seasons of "arrested development".
  4. i lent out all the seasons of "arrested development".
  5. repeatedly.
  6. i went to the four corners.
  7. against my will i designed a "droppings" line.
  8. which became hugely popular.
  9. making me want to kill myself.
  10. i bought a pencil skirt.
  11. i threw up for the first time in 15 years.
  12. i lost 10 pounds.
  13. i feel i should mention the losing of 10 pounds and the throwing up have little to no correlation.
  14. i drank approximately 11, 680 oz of diet coke.
  15. mmm...
  16. that's about 730 pounds.
  17. i developed a new voice in my head whose sole purpose is to heckle me every sunday night while i'm feverishly trying to get my quota of ribbons tied.
  18. it's awkward.
  19. i went to disneyland.
  20. and boston.
  21. and denver.
  22. did i mention how popular the "droppings" are?
  23. seriously. i even got offered a job on saturday because of them.
  24. i met literally tens of people.
  25. i fell in love with myself all over again.
jealous?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I adore you. Every year of you. You are awesome. So much so I sang to your answering machine. While at the office. Who says work is no fun? xxxx Kate
Nama said…
happy birthday, yo. dropping or no dropping, you're still my hero. :)
Ann-Marie said…
yea for kat and her birthday!
Lincoln said…
I'm with Kate on this one. I adore you as well. Seriously. Happy Birthday.
Heather said…
Happy Birthday!
Em said…
I love you!
matt said…
your birthday may be before mine, but im catching up. proportionally speaking of course. ya know, like approaching zero, or, in this case, infinity.

umm, happy birthday!
john said…
Wait... I'm confused. You bought a skirt for your pencil?

Happy birthday, Kat. May the voices in your head this upcoming year inspire you to create a droppings line so popular that you get to travel all the way to CocaCola headquarters where you get paid a lifetime supply of Diet Coke and get an opportunity to film a commercial with a jogging Jason Bateman, which even though you get nervous, you don't throw up and go on to meet at least 11 more people.
Annegirl said…
As an aspiring 25-year-old professional-clothes-wearing, awesome-places-visiting, successful popularity-queen who, alas, as yet is also mocked by sundry voices in her head, less than respectable assignments, and exercise in general...I must say: You're an inspiration to all of us. Happy Birthday!
Andrew H said…
Happy Birthday Kat! I celebrated your birthday by giving away my only appendix. I thought you'd appreciate that!
Anonymous said…
Do you have professional wrestling on the menu for this coming year
Chester B. said…
Many happy returns!
Anonymous said…
Kat, I have now put your birthday into my calander so I will never again not know it was your birthday until it was too late. Hope you did something fun (other than go crazy over bow tying) on your birthday.

Happy Birthday!!!