opposites attract

a song from my childhood comes to mind.

"one of these things is not like the other.
one of these things just doesn't belong.
can you tell me which thing is not like the other
by the time i finish this song"

well can you?


*i swear this is the last bit of mileage i'll force from the stupid shoulder angel picture.
seriously.

sigh.
i miss having a working scanner.

last week, i spent quality time at the outdoor retailer's show.
2007.
i sat in a sad little chocolate booth that was as out of place at an outdoorsy trade show as, well, as out of place as i was.
it was a total nightmare. but the kind of total nightmare so utterly ridiculous you start laughing in your sleep and then you laugh so hard you snort really loud and you wake yourself up.
uh, hypothetically.

besides the barrage of sales reps and people in shakas not to mention the creepy sales reps at the shaka booth the only thing worth noting is my continued run ins with the 5 billion people i somehow know. how have i managed to develop a rapport with so many outdoorsy, kayaky, rock climby,
teva wearing, granola eating, jeep driving,
buck knife giving,
deer hunting,
foam shoe owning,
protein bar selling,
endorphin loving,
backpack wearing,
"man vs wild" watching,
fish killing,
early rising,
bandana wearing,
canteen drinking,
energetic
freaks?

curse my effervescent personality.

and also my ever growing knife collection. why? why??

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man vs. wild is an amazing show. You know, if you were offering chocolate to people, they could have totally just fake knowing you. There's really only about 10 different types of people's appearance, you know
Jay said…
Why you gotta point out the little fishing boy has a darker skin tone ?!?!?
Oh, and one more thing! Be nice to the Delivery Guy, will ya? It's not his fault he can't read.
Lincoln said…
It's almost like...you've turned into an outdoorsy girl. Does this mean we get to go camping when I come visit?
Nama said…
i like freaks. and freaks like me. but not really. sometimes though. the end.
matt said…
ya know, most of utah is outdoors.

OvO
( )
> <
matt said…
lets try the owl again.
.OvO.
(///)
.>.<.
Chester B. said…
"It's just me, my canteen, my survival knife, my flint, the clothes on my back, and... a five man camera crew."
Kirsten said…
I don't get the chocolate out doors connection. wait do you still do the kara's chocolate thing?