apologies and whatnot

inspired by spliz's candid regrets, i give you a few, brief letters of apology:

dear arrested development,
i'm sorry that, just as in "la traviata", by the time i knew i loved you, it was too late to do anything but watch you die a horrible tuberculosisy death. you will forever be my violetta.
affectionately,
kat

dear people reading this,
i'm sorry for referring to "la traviata" in the previous apology. it was a pretentious reference and frankly i've never seen it. i don't even like opera. i wanted to refer to "moulin rouge" but thought you wouldn't think me as smart.
especially since i knew i was going to use the word "tuberculosisy".
humbly,
kat
p.s. i figured out "violetta" on wikipedia. i did not know it off the top of my head.

dear stone temple pilots,
i'm sorry i forgot you existed.
yours,
kat

dear dingdong,
i'm sorry i made fun of you to my old roommate.
mostly because it turns out she knows you.
sheepishly,
kat

dear car in front of me on the freeway with one headlight,
i'm sorry i tailgated you and then got in the middle lane and passed you and then cut you off.
it had to be done.
eternally yours,
kat

Comments

Nama said…
why will arrested development always be your no-arms-or-legs-only-torso-circus-freak woman? or was that the wrong reference? perhaps it was, because i naturally gravitate toward weird genetic mutations, like only-torsoed people?

huh...
Spliz said…
dear kat,
I'm sorry about that one time I wrote a limerick about you and sent it to our friends.
even though it was funny.
and even though it didn't make my list of apologies.

regretfully,
Spliz
matt said…
// = /slash

think about it...
Anonymous said…
Dear Kat's blog readers,

I'm sorry I don't have anything crazy/sexy/cool to post in Kat's comments.

With sincere regards,
The Chad
Lincoln said…
Dear Lincoln,
I'm sorry I've mis-judged Montana...and I hope to come visit very soon.

Love Kat
Andrew H said…
Dear Kat,

Had you not abandoned me and my family, leaving us out like the proverbial "trash", and discarding my young son and daughter as though they were common, I might feel sympathy for your Chicago-Longing and hire you as a personal assistant and get you a new 17" MacBook Pro. But now, I can only say, "Mmmmm that AUTHENTIC Chicago style pizza is GREAT!!!"

Begrudgingly,

Andrew
Fat eSpence said…
I prefer I regret to I'm sorry.

For example,
"Dear fellow Webelos Advisor, I regret that I thinking about placing flaming poo on your doorstep."