$

yesterday i checked my bank account and $2,839.98 had been deposited into it.
"it's a miracle!" i exclaimed.

i called my bank and explained the situation. well, first i bought a salad, ate all the good stuff and threw the remaining lettuce away as rich people like myself are prone to do, but then i called the bank and talked to nancyjanesomegenericnamesally who asked me if i had made the deposit.
nancy's question made me worry that people call her daily to brag about how much money they've deposited into their account.
poor jane.
no, i didn't deposit the money and then call to brag.
did a family member or friend deposit it?
no, sally, my friends do not give me thousands of dollars.
so who put it there?

"... the angels?"

genericname mcskeptico laughed at me and said she'd figure it out and call me back.

okay, so ya, perhaps the powers-that-be have more pressing issues like starving children and war torn countries and perhaps a twenty-something who buys a random ticket to a scrapbooking extravaganza in nashville isn't the top priority on the whole karmic reimbursement schedule...

but for 24 hours i fully believed i had miracle money!



p.s. please note that at no point did i use my horribly over-used, "if you want something hard enough and your heart is pure, wonderful things can happen!"

p.p.s. please also note that i really really wanted to.

Comments

Nama said…
so...was it miracle money...that somehow showed up in your bank account because you're a good person and miracles happen?
Anonymous said…
At times like this I remember Drop Dead Gorgeous: "Good things happen to good people." "Really?" "No, you're like as sin, so you might as well enjoy it."
Lincoln said…
It was me. It's for our wedding.
Spliz said…
hey, that happened to me once, and all i could think was "bank error in your favor! you receive $1,097!"
But the bank didn't see it that way.
Annegirl said…
HOLY COW! And you bought a SALAD?!
Fat eSpence said…
It was Mr. Slim!