bits

my chevron boyfriend is officially a u.s. citizen today. after ten years.
i asked him what he was going to do to celebrate.
he said, "party."
ah, the american way.

thanks matt, moydie, and brandon for keeping me updated on charlie the unicorn. it made me laugh.

however, after seeing this, you'll have to excuse me while i bang my head repeatedly against a wall.
no offense to you who are obsessed with the books.
it's just not my thing.
people seem to think it's my thing.
because i like "buffy".
but the buffy thing is not same thing as this thing which i repeat is just not my ... thing.

oh! in postscript. i occasionally forget to take my cell phone with me sometimes so to those who called me last friday, sorry i missed you.
i have never felt so popular as i did when i got home on friday night.

Comments

Andrew H said…
I read those books. Mostly because I just read whatever I have in front of me. By the third book, I would alternate banging my head against the wall, then read another chapter. I have to finish a series, even if it's way, over-the-top ridiculous.

So yes, I feel your annoyance.

Oh, and my mom thinks I'm pretty neat.
Leah said…
My mom LOVES the books and keeps trying to get me to read them. And I won't because they're so popular... I'm just contrary like that.
Fat eSpence said…
So much to say! Charlie the unicorn? Oh my gosh, that was the brightest spot in my weird entertainment fettish since the Rejected Cartoons of old. "I...am...a...banana!" Interesting that they have bananas in common. The voice of Charlie sounds like the askaninja.com dude.

BTW, Kat there's this really cool movie I'm sure you'll be into, since you love vampires and what not. It's called Twilight. So hot right now. Have you heard of it? ;)
matt said…
im just going to assume that i am the "matt" you referred to, because it makes me feel important.

so, is he a terminator...? (sarah connor chronicles anyone?)

/dork
Cracka Chips said…
I read a part of the firstbook, got bored and abandon them forever.
Anonymous said…
I haven't read the books, but I think that Buffy the Vampire Slayer wasn't really about vampires. It was life.
Jay said…
I've never read them, but only because I'm sure it doesn't stay true to the vampire mythology.
Fat eSpence said…
The true vampire methodology, Jay?
Nama said…
i read it and couldn't stand it. piece o' crap, i say.

it does make me giggle thought that cedric diggory is playing the one vampire guy. but unless i want to be tortured for 2 hours in a dark room, i won't be seeing this one.

and you should call me back so i can feel popular.
Jay said…
YES !!! TRUE vampire Mythology!!! The one and only. I was in the conference in Nicea, Italy where it was all sorted out. Akasha & Enkil were there. So was Lillith, Vlad the Impaler, and some Slavic and Romanian tribes were there too. It was the who's who of Vampire history.

We made a creed.
Kirsten said…
those books are like cigaretts, no one likes them at first, but they are addicting.

and I am addicted and I'll ADMIT IT.
matt said…
addicting =/= good