spaz

i am a spaz.
and the more taciturn a person is, the more garrulous i become.
to fill the silence.
as someone who errs on the side of spazziness, i sometimes wonder how the other side thinks. that look of fear and awe as i prattle on... i assume the thought behind it is, "wow. does she ever stop talking?" and the answer is no, no i don't. not until i'm interrupted or out of breath.
but, you know, maybe the thought behind the look is "if she stops talking i'm going to have to speak. social awkwardness! gaah!" or "i don't feel so good... wait, i had a tomato earlier! i probably have salmonella! gaah!"
there could be a multitude of reasons for the look of terror and abhorrence that have nothing to do with my conversational skills.

ya, i know.

Comments

Andrew H said…
I always said tomato's would give you blind babies or salmonella. With time I knew I would be proven correct.
Anonymous said…
I didn't understand your post, but I think I learned some of those words when I studied for the GREs.
Spliz said…
I look like that because it's my default look when I'm not listening.
Jon said…
I, for one, think you're delightful when you talk! :)
Chester B. said…
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31910
Fat eSpence said…
Social awkwardness, I had that once, and although it never was cured, I find that hobbies diminish it to a manageable level.