field time

once, not long ago, this one batman movie came out.
uuhhhm, the end.

good story, right?


these little high school girls were swooning over a certain christian bale the other day and i felt very strongly that no, no they do not love christian bale. they cannot love christian bale because they don't know him like i and the women (yikes) of my generation (yikes x 2) know him. they did not sing along wholeheartedly to "santa fe" on their walkman. they didn't, as an 11 year old, watch "empire of the sun" also known as two and a half hours of world war 2 prison camps and john malkovich. and they didn't spend the last hour of "little women" screaming "idiot!" every time winona rider appeared on screen. they haven't logged the field time (gibberish?).
go talk to your zac efron poster, girlies. him you can have.

i now know how my mother felt when i watched "the sting" and thought i was in love with robert redford.

i now know how my grandmother felt when i watched "philadelphia story" and thought i was in love with cary grant. and then with jimmy stewart. and then cary grant.

i do not now know how my father felt when i watched "james bond" and told him sean connery was hot.

Comments

Heather said…
Those girls certainly didn't have dress like a boy and perform in a "Newsies" themed choir concert in school, so I don't think they've suffered enough.

But Kat, don't take Cary Grant or Paul Newman from me. That just seems cruel.
Leah said…
Oh... Little Women. I loved him so then... Truly, madly, and deeply.
Jay said…
That's EXACTLY how I feel about Sophia Loren and Rue McClanahan.

...and Demi Moore.
Jon said…
. . . and Merle Oberon. And Jeanette MacDonald. And Janet Leigh. And Grace Kelly.
Fat eSpence said…
Hey kid, wanna Hershey bar?
Annegirl said…
I liked Spot.

So did my little sister.

Feel ya.