professionalish

about a month ago i was talking to my future husband who was visiting from boise (and i was also plugging my ears and rocking back and forth whenever the waiters at olive garden would sing their plucky birthday song to some poor, unsuspecting customer who just wanted some free cake already! cute-cutesy birthday songs are really high up on my soul-shuddery pet peeves list.) about how much he misses me and how pretty i am and how living in montana for 3 years was a huge mistake due to montana being the lamest state ever invented.

yes, that is how the conversation went.

there was more to the conversation of course, like how i am mystified as to how people who are no longer in school meet, you know, other people.
i've actually brought up this topic of conversation a lot with people in the last month because i have this feeling there's an obvious answer and i'm just not that smart. during this particular conversation, splincoln brought up his recent joining of the young professionals group in his area and it actually made me think, "hu. that is BRILLIANT." i'm young. i'm, you know, professional. ish. i should check this sucker out.

but after a brief browsing of the activities on salt lake's version, i realized something.
i'm not active.
so here's what i'm thinking. i just have to start a young inactive professionals type group and i'm golden. we could do stuff like get together once a week and watch "30 rock". or sit quietly and finally finish the book we started a month ago.
or go to farmer's market like we've been meaning to do all summer.
or finally go see the new batman movie. and iron man. and the hulk. and even the sisterhood of the travelling pants. 2.
or do laundry.
or go shopping for a new pair of jeans that doesn't have to be kept up with a safety pin and the belt i stole from em 4 years ago.
or unpack from my weekend in san diego.
or go grocery shopping because i ran out of paper towels and it's becoming a problem.

this may have turned into my to-do list.
which i guess, if i could find it, would be the perfect group for me to join.


i've got so much stuff to do.

Comments

Leah said…
Can I join your group? A co-worker and I decided that bookstores are good places to meet people... I tried it... bookstores are a good place to have weird guys try to look down your shirt.
Anonymous said…
I love 30 Rock. I kind of have a girl crush on Tina Fey, a church crush on Kenneth, a uncle cruch on Jonah, a republican crush on Jack. However my love for "The Shat" is deep and it is real. We have such good taste in T.V.
Jon said…
I love 30 Rock (first season). I love it so much, I want to take it out behind the middle school and get it pregnant.
Heather said…
Kat, you know I would join.

In fact, I think I've been searching for your group for many, many years, waiting for you to knock on my door.

Can this group also provide some sort of automated reminder to let me know when the milk in my fridge has expired? Because I never think about it until I've already poured out the cereal.
Lincoln said…
You are such a bad influence. I'm foregoing (or is it forgoing?) a young professionals softball game tomorrow night so I can come home for an extended weekend. This is news to you..I know...just get ready for dinner at OG.

I'm ecstatic to know I'm still your backup. You have no idea how much that means to me. You do know I'm almost 30 right?
Lincoln said…
One more thing.
I know this is vain and petty of me but your link to my blog doesn't work. :( Why do you hate me?