back up

it's important to have a back up.
i don't know why, but it is.
wait.
why is it important to have a back up?
seriously.

oh. that's right. because you don't want to die alone.

ok. i'll buy that. i don't want to die alone.
all alone.
except for my cats.
and shot glass collection.

but i don't plan on dying for quite some time, people. and i don't have problems with living alone.
all alone.
except for my cats and shot glasses.
and maybe a ferret or something.

which is why my back up plan doesn't come into effect until i'm 80.

so picture this...


...but add 60 years.
and pretend we're in a nursing home instead of an olive garden. (mmm... black tie mousse cake)
living out the rest of our senility together.

please note: the past couple of blogs may or may not be me revelling in the fact that i found a way to scan pictures in at work.
please also note: this particular blog may or may not be the result of lincoln sending me a forward that made me laugh so hard i cried just a little bit.
also note: i mean, really, the guy cracks me up.
and note: in 60 years i'm pretty sure we'd be, like, "grumpy old men" except that i'm not a man.
and: i'd probably be the walter matthau character. lincoln would be jack lemmon.
and: man, that would be awesome!
and: why did he move to monatana again? (lincoln. not walter matthau. who cares where he lives.) he may or may not be a loser.

Comments

Erika said…
I had a back up once. Except the age was 40. And now he's gay.
Em said…
My back up got marred three months ago. I'm looking for a replacement. Maybe I'll take out a personal in the paper. "Young woman seeking a young man back up to marry in old age."
Jon said…
Wait? Huh? What happened to the whole ex-nay on the ist-lay thing?

Oh well. I guess I won't tell Lincoln. It would probably break his poor heart.
Andrew H said…
Did you use photo-shop to whiten your teeth? Cause, WOW!
Nama said…
walter matthua is dead!! have you no heart, katherine. seriously.

and erika, that's the saddest thing i've heard all day.
barnesanova said…
i've always been well on my way to matthau. catfish hunter would be mine.
Kimberly said…
I've got a backup, and it's for when I'm 30. Oh no, that's only in 5 years!

Kat, is he tall enough for you? Just wondering. Also, you look hot in that picture.
Ann-Marie said…
I had a back-up once too. The age was 30. He got married 3 years ago and just recently got divorced. So maybe I still have a chance! I'll have to ask! :)
barnesanova said…
i'm 30, i'm married, and there was never a backup. i knew i wanted her when i met her, and that was that.

i think anyone can find someone who feels that way about them. it's about not settling, and being bold enough to go for what you want.
barnesanova said…
sorry, that should say 'it's not about settling, BUT being bold enough to go for what you want'
Fat eSpence said…
Dude, you and Lincoln should like, hook up or something. If you live alone, move to NY and write a gossip column. You could be the subject of the next 50 romantic comedies starring Matthew, or Will.
Cracka Chips said…
KAt Yo teeth are Bery bery clean.
Jena said…
I don't want to marry my backup anymore. Can I have yours?
Leah said…
I'm going to post a blog asking for a back-up. I know it's a direct rip-off, but I can't help it, you're that inspiring.