independent

there's so much that i don't know.
and i don't mean that in a philosophical "oh! the world is so big and i am so small" kind of way.
no.
and i'm not trying to be vague or ambiguous either.
no.
i don't know how to drive a stick shift.
or rent a u-haul.
or apply for jobs when you don't know someone working there.
or find a good apartment.
or sign up for utilities.
or turn a pile of savings bonds into a high interest earning nest egg.
or get good credit.
or use online plane tickets.
or set up a server on my mac.
or afford health insurance.

so... pretty much what i'm saying is... i don't know how to take care of myself.

Comments

Fat eSpence said…
At least you know how to love. Thanks for teaching me.
Erika said…
Stick shift is easy once you get the hang of it. As for the rest of them, you just have to look hot. Rent a U-haul: twirl your hair and you'll get $10 off. Get a job...goes unsaid. Apartment, Utilities, savings bonds. You just look hot and you've got it. And Kat, you've got it.
Leah said…
Erika's right. If you always look hot (and you do) then you can always just wing it. And thanks for teaching me how to love too. *chuckles*
Em said…
Looking hot is key? I'm in trouble.
Nama said…
don't feel bad. i only know how to do like 2 of those things, so, let us just love and not take care of ourselves and look hot. because that's what we do. (sorry em)
Anonymous said…
and apparently you dont know how to clean your apartment. sigh.....do i need to do everything for you?
Andrew H said…
I've gotten by without knowing how to do any of those things and I'm now 30... something, so don't feel bad! And look at it this way, I can't do any of those things and I drive a really cool car!
Jay said…
but you know all about:

fondue,
buffy,
newsradio,
will & grace,
chocolate,
and dr. mario.

what else is there.
Ben said…
I feel funny cause now I'm using the comment box to communicate independent of what the post was actually about. Certainly I feel your "I don't know how to take care of myself" blues, but I wanted to say: you didn't intend it, but you've rejuvenated my desire to blog well. Thank you.
barnesanova said…
i just wanted to say that i appreciate the fact that you girls have accepted, admitted, and adhered to the fact that looks get bargains.

i just saw a girl who had to stand at least 6'8 in her shoes. its odd enough to look up to someone, but that was flat out bizarre. i'd imagine she gets bargains on sheer intimidation. maybe giantism is key.