just a thought

"Wednesday was happy hour with Nana, a semi interesting black man I met in San Jose."

some commentary...
first of all, that's one of the best sentences i've ever had emailed to me. it makes me want to write a book just so i can make that the first line.
second of all, why are epithets or aphorisms* so rarely used in real life?
third of all... well, i guess i only have the two points.


*a tersely** phrased statement of a truth or opinion.

**brief and to the point; effectively concise.

Comments

Em said…
I need a happy hour. Where's a Nana when you need one?
Erika said…
because no one knows what the heck an epithet or aphorism is. Well, Jon would know probably. And Jena's an English major...

(I just said that to bug Jena)

With my nana, it's ALWAYS happy hour.
Ben said…
I'll trade you a Keith for a Nana.
Nama said…
shoot, who's this nana? it's all about NAMA for happy hour!
Leah said…
As Em once said, "It's the tequila of happiness."