travel the world and the seven seas

dear kat,

you seem like a seasoned traveller. tell me, what's the best place ever?

yours truly,
an ardent reader*

p.s. you're pretty.


dear ardent,
i live in a beautiful state. but in the past few years i've been to some amazing places. here, we'd better look at this logically.
i mean, massachusetts has the T. it has charming little restaurants on the north end like giacomo's. it has people standing in the street watching red sox games. it has my sister.
but utah has streets that follow the grid system. there are mountains and canyons and arches. there's no humidity. the water doesn't taste like cigarette butts.
but in massachusetts most of the men over 25 are still single.
but in utah most of the men don't come up to you on the street and ask you to sleep with them. ("i have lots of money. i could buy you anything you wanted.")
and then there's arizona. it has sun all year round. and no daylight savings. and the grand canyon.
mexico has gorgeous scenery. and the mexican military. and yummy food.
washington and oregon have gorgeous beaches, and waterfalls, and greenery.
idaho has, you know, potatoes. and sage brush.
wyoming has cowboys, and steak, and cabins.
pennsylvania has philly cheese steak sandwiches, independence hall, and west philadelphia (born and raised).
new york has broadway, and the soup nazi, and times square.
california has celebrities. and disneyland. and redwoods. and the ocean.
but rhode island has the ocean too. and also old mansions that you can walk through.

sorry, i can't pick a favorite. but i can tell you this...
montana's got nothing.
never go there.

love,
kat

*i might be my own ardent reader.
it happens.

Comments

Jon said…
Dear Kat,

Why is it that you're so fabulous? and gorgeous?

Yours Truly,
Another Ardent Reader
Erika said…
I don't know what ardent means.
Jay said…
Yeah, that's where I served. It's a good thing I was on a bike for 18 of the 24 months. When I had a car . . .
Leah said…
I've been thinking about moving to Rhode Island in the spring of 2007. Seriously.
I'm trying to make my "List of Places Lived" very long.
Jena said…
Wyoming has cowboys?! And I just spend right through it. If only you had told me sooner.
Tiff said…
Note to self: Wyoming is a good place to visit.
You also have Yellowstone, and the town of West Yellowstone with the greatest candy store ever and the Playmill Theatre.
Em said…
Washington also has the ocean, and the puget sound, and snow-capped mountains, and it's also the only state that has FOUR biomes (desert, rain forest, deciduous forests AND coniferous forests). WOW!
Jay said…
yeah, well, the Four Corners is the only place in the world where four states touch each other simultaneously.

Beat that!
barnesanova said…
well, i missed kat in boston, a shame. hope you had a good time.

as for best places in the u.s.... may i draw your attention to hawaii? or potentially, n'awlins.
Leah said…
p.s.
you're pretty.
Kirsten said…
I had a dream about Montana once. In my dream it also had nothing.
Nama said…
don't forget texas pretty kat. texas has lots of things. like...me!
Nemesis said…
You pretty much spoke what was in my heart when you mentioned Montana. I had to drive across that miserable state for work and have never hated life so much.

Between the deer, the antelope, the canyon, the snowstorm, and the semi, I was ready to come home.