big words

you might be interested to know that my father, the 6'4" giant of a man who kills spiders for me on a regular basis, knows a lot of big words.

words like gauche, autocratic, and macabre.

you might also be interested to know that my father used each of those words while talking to my brother-in-law, the tall, zoophobic iranian who is learning english by watching "while you were sleeping" with the subtitles on and wore his "proud to be a berkley mom" sweatshirt to dinner a few weeks ago.

and you just might be interested to know that in each instance i left the room to laugh hysterically into a pillow.

Comments

Jon said…
That's how you spell gauche!
Em said…
Hahaha! Please tell me you got a picture of him in that sweatshirt! He'll appreciate it later... :)
Anonymous said…
I envy you for being able to leave the room to laugh. I wouldn't have been able to make it two steps before I cracked up. You go, strong woman!
Leah said…
Really? I learned English from watching "While You Were Sleeping" with the subtitles on!
Lincoln said…
Your dad scares me. If I were your brother in law, I would leave the house crying.
Anonymous said…
i just emailed you a picture of mo at byu in his berkley mom sweatshirt.