boss of me

firstly, the only april fools day "pranks" i ever see ALWAYS (i don't exaggerate) involve girls announcing they're engaged.
it makes me feel weird.


lastly, (i should start numbering my points due to their sheer magnitude!) i don't like being told what to do and who does, really?
nobody.
trust me. i tell people what to do all the time and they never like it.

depending on the circumstance i'll tolerate it if i have to but most often i'll scream, "you're not my mother!!" and then i'll stomp off. except when it's my mom because then i'll scream, "you're not the boss of me!" and then i'll stomp off. and when it's my boss i scream,"...." nothing. because i like being employed.
so, ya. sometimes i act like a three year old, but for the most part i try and take it. because really the easiest thing to do is smile, think snarky thoughts, nod, and then go off and do whatever i want.
because i'm a grown up.
and you're not my mother.

booyah.

all i'm saying is, i have self control. do you hear that, little old lady who isn't actually related to me but who is related to my great aunt through marriage ? i have self control! so you can tell me who to call and what to do and how it's going to be while my great aunt says goodbye to my dying grandmother and i will thank you for the advice. i'll want to remind you that i'm twice your size and a third your age and then tell you to get out of my house, but i won't.
but you are not the boss of me.

i just re-read that last paragraph and realized that i want karma points for not yelling at a little, old lady.
i'm a class act.

Comments