gardening

i spent most of saturday "gardening" and i type the word "gardening" in somewhat sarcastic quotation marks because for all i know i'm cultivating a wasteland. however i fully enjoyed myself, what with the novelty and the feeling that i was playing some sort of trivia game with mother nature. a three part game, actually...

part I: weed or plant?
the winner was, er, not always me. there's an incident with 40 year old geraniums/chrysanthimums i cannot at this time relate.

part II or deux: taking a break or taking a nap?
either way i won. unless it was a competition between me and ziggy because then he won. unless the competition was to see who could lay in the sun and not get sunburned because then i won.

part III: is that a bug?? is that a bug??
all i know is it's the neighbor's problem now.


p.s. in the "suggested friends" portion of facebook i have to keep rejecting "jesus" and i'm starting to feel guilty about it.

Comments

Em said…
I'm excited to garden. I don't have any place to do that at my place but I've been cultivating a small one at my parents' house for the past few years. It makes me happy. And sometimes things even survive.
Leah said…
I love gardening. I'm also dealing with my guilt over rejecting Jesus as a friend. But how do we know it's really his page? It could've been made by some random fan and he'll never even see the messages we leave on his wall... there are a lot of imposters out there.
Heather said…
Great. Now I'm dealing with guilt because Facebook isn't suggesting Jesus as my friend. What does that mean?