remember that one week where i blogged every day and i was really proud of myself because finally FINALLY the world was privy to all the fascinating things i had to say?
good times.
then everything got busy again "busy" probably isn't the right word but it will have to do.
i really wish i was the kind of person who can take stress and nervous energy and turn it into something motivating. something which, if turned into a cinematic montage, would involve scenes of me working and looking very serious. like, maybe i would take off my glasses and stare at my computer screen and then nod with approval at my own awesomeness and then it would switch to me running some sort of errand in an outfit drastically outside of any real person's price range but everyone would look past that fact, and then it would cut to me doing sit ups, and then to me at an interview shaking hands and being generally impressive and of course this entire thing would be backed up vocally by the incomparable chaka khan.
i've gone off message.
anyways, my reality is much more scattered, not necessarily useful in any way, and rarely involves sit ups. let's look at the facts.

accomplishments of the last month: 

1) i had a couple of job interviews, including one at a place i really liked. then at the final interview they asked me if i'd be willing to possibly eventually go to full time and i was not willing and i know i'm biased but if you put out an ad for a part-time job, should you be shocked if the person who responds to your ad wants a part-time job? the answer to that is yes, you can do whatever you want.
then they asked me about my career goals and that's when it really went to pot.

2) i had jury duty. it felt like a singles activity because everyone had to stand up one at a time and answer questions about themselves. we'd all sworn an oath, however, to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... so in that way, it was nothing like a singles activity.
luckily, i did not make the final jury cut. thank heavens. 
and i was paid $18.50 for my time.

3) i learned how to knit.
4) and purl.
i now have 4 1/2 fingerless gloves of varying lengths and colors. i have yet to make pairs for any of them.

5) i decorated my house for halloween.
booyah!
6) i painted two pictures to hang in my house for halloween. one of michael jackson's "thriller" and one of the stay puft marshmallow man from "ghostbusters." neither of them turned out as magnificent as they were in my head but i'm amused each time i walk by them and that's basically all i need. 

7) i've been paying a lot of attention to the dog my next door neighbors have been watching. my neighbors are awesome, but they're rather notorious within my family for being our ultimate example of people who should not have pets. so naturally, i've been sneaking outside a few times a day to make sure the dog is, you know, being fed and isn't being left out in the rain right before the sun sets and temperatures drop.
i'm not crazy. my mother had me tested.

8) i bought some baby clothes at the dollar store.
9) and then sewed some flourishy things onto them so my sister wouldn't know i bought her baby clothes at the dollar store.

10) i've been trying to update my portfolio and i, of course, wound up putting a lot of left field pressure on myself to the point where i couldn't start anything because of how lame it was going to turn out and why was i so intent on ruining my future?? my future! it got really weird. i finally had to force myself to sit down and just paint something. anything. the first thing i could think of. 
what i'm saying is, does anyone want to buy a painting of a giraffe? 

11) i got sick for the first time in 5 years and whined about it profusely to anyone who would listen. even chevron boyfriend got an earful. 

12) i had it continually reinforced that when it comes to dating i am, quite frankly, dead inside. an example: at a church thing, i was chatting with my bishop when he disappeared for a few minutes and came back with a man for me. my new man explained that he'd spent the summer in the middle east and offered to tell me what that was like.
"nah, i've already got a guy like that."
then i asked him if he watched "30 rock."
he did not.

13) i made a latch-hook r2d2 pillow. 

14) i've been looking at wildlife volunteer programs in africa. 
ya... i don't have any rationale for this one. but if i ever get to write a blog entitled "christmas with the chimps" it will be a happy moment.

15) i babysat my 10 month old niece. 
she loves ziggy more than me and i'm pretty sure she will not be saying "kat's gorgeous" anytime soon.

16) i've started to come down with another cold and i am not okay with it. in fact, i've had more airborne and diet coke in the last 48 hours than i've had the rest of the year combined.
and i feel alive!!


this all makes for a different sort of a montage.

Comments

Heather said…
And I received and adore that latch-hook R2D2 pillow so I can say with confidence that you have not been wasting your time.
Chad Can Plan said…
I gave up diet coke and all sodas about four weeks ago when I OD:ed on the stuff. I had an intervention with myself and said: "Chad, you can't have six cokes in a day and not expect to be up until 1:30 am and then be wired the next day. It's gotta stop [crying on the inside and outside]" So I've been through the valley. BTW- if you added airborne to diet coke, would it cause the same explosion of sweet diet coke-y goodness (drool) like it does with Mentos? Let me know if you ever try it.
Chester B. said…
"Christmas with the Chimps" needs to happen whether you make it to Africa or not. Hi-larious.
Jenny said…
Come visit Jacob! He'd gladly tell you "Kat's Gorgeous". You are still his favorite...