lydia

a phone conversation i had with my friend lydia in the 8th grade...
lydia: you're really tall.
14 year old me: ya i know. i hate it.
lydia: all models are tall.
me: that's true.
lydia: if we put my head on your body, we could totally be a model.
me: ya...wait...hey!

a lunch time conversation freshman year...
lydia: i'm always worried that guys are just interested in me because of the way i look.
the rest of us: ok
lydia: i mean, you girls are really lucky because when a guy likes you, you know it's because of your personality.

last night i drove to salt lake and saw "chicago" (fabulous movie, just fabulous) with lydia and kate. then we decided to go eat at the local college pizza hangout called "the pie" (technically it's the greek symbol "pi", thus reminding us of pizza, fraternities, and the numerical value 3.1415...) in remembrance of our high school days when we would go and hope some college boys would notice us (sometimes they would, and then our goal acheived we would giggle a lot until it was time to go home). as we sat and reminisced, lydia suddenly got up, and walked over to a table of nice young whippersnappers. didn't really phase me because, hey... that's lydia. eventually she came back, sat down and said, "well, i asked those guys who of the three of us would make the best lesbian couple, and they said it would me and kat." um...ok.
let's tell the truth. lydia and i would never date, mostly because she's so high maintenance. but also because she name drops and she's a hypochondriac. oh! and she's not a man.

Comments