rodney the camera rental guy

yesterday i rented a camera from rodney the camera rental guy. rodney works within the depths of the fletcher building. rodney takes his job very seriously. rodney asked me who i thought he'd come after if i damaged the camera i was renting. i thought hard and then said, "well...i don't have any money, so...my parents?" rodney was not amused.
there is a lackey who works for rodney in the camera rental hole. he answers phone and eats cereal. the cereal eating lackey looks familiar to me. maybe i went to high school with him or something. in any case, this sense of familiarity puts me at ease with him. he is not ok with that. when i got lost on my way out of the camera rental hole, he snickered to himself (i've never heard anyone snicker in real life. i've only read about it in books). i turned around and said, "am i lost?" he said, "yes" to which i retorted, "ya, where were you on that, punk?" he was not ok with that either.
today i tried to return my camera to rodney but rodney had disappeared. the cereal eating (and possible west high school alumni) lackey wouldn't take my camera from me but insisted i come back in an hour. i was not ok with that. i looked at my options... option a: i return it tomorrow and pay a late fee. (option a was rejected); option b: i could try and flirt with west high, cereal lackey and seduce him into disobeying rodney's rules. (he would not be ok with that. i would not be ok with that. option b was rejected); option c: i could be smart alecky to lackey boy, return the camera tomorrow to rodney and remind him of how i warned him earlier that any fee he went after would have to be taken up with my parents (option c was unanimously accepted).

Comments