i am an idiot

my parents took a vacation to las vegas and stopped in provo on their way home. as they peeled themselves out of the car we had the following conversation...
mom: hi
me: hi. how was the trip?
mom: good. you'll never guess who we saw.
me: who?
mom: guess.
me: sigfried?
mom: no
me: roy?
mom: no.
me: one of the tigers?
mom: this is someone you care about.
me: in las vegas?
mom: your dad took a picture with them.
me: oh. who?
mom: sarah michelle gellar
me: ...no.
mom: yes.
me: no!!
mom: yes.
me: wow... just...i...who...wha..wow.

cool story, right? my mom and dad met the star of "buffy". but then later, when i was bragging about it to emily, i noticed my mom chuckling...
me: what?
mom: nothing.
me: you did see buffy, right?
mom: yep
me: and dad had his picture taken with her, right?
mom: yep. she's doing her fighting pose.
me: cool. you guys are so cool. i didn't used to think you guys were cool, but this has completely changed my mind. i just want you both to know that i love you.
mom: hehehe...
dad: heeheehee...
me: wait...
mom: hehehe...
dad: heeheehee...
me: you guys aren't talking about going to a wax museum are you?
mom and dad: mwahahaha!!
emily: hahahaha!!!
me: hmph...
the end.

i suppose it serves me right. this was pay back for my april fool's joke i played on them. hehehe... now that was funny.

Comments