a buffy break

Willow takes off her pack, reaches in and pulls out a banana.
Willow: (with resolve) I'm eating this now. (daringly) It's not lunchtime, I don't even care.
Before she can begin peeling it, Buffy and Xander walk up to her.
Buffy: Hey.
Xander: Willow, did you remember to tape Biography last Friday?
Willow: (absently) Uh-huh. (struggles with the banana)
Buffy: (to Xander, proudly) See, I told you. Old Reliable.
Xander nods and smiles. Willow is not amused.
Willow: (sourly) Oh, thanks.
Buffy: (taken aback) What?
Willow: 'Old Reliable'? Yeah, great. (reprovingly) There's a sexy nickname.
Buffy: Well, I-I didn't mean it as...
Willow: No, it's fine. I'm 'Old Reliable'.
Xander: She just means, you know, the geyser. You're like a geyser of fun that goes off at regular intervals.
Willow: (disgustedly) That's Old Faithful.
Xander: Isn't that the dog that, that the guy had to shoot...
Willow: (incensed) That's Old Yeller.
Buffy: Xander, I beg you not to help me. Will, I-I didn't mean it as a bad thing. I-I think it's good to be reliable.
Willow: (stands up, annoyed) Well, maybe I don't *wanna* be reliable all the time. Maybe I'm not just some doormat person. Homework Gal.
Xander: I'm thinking nerve strike.
Willow huffs at him and starts to go, but turns back.
Willow: Maybe I'll change my look! Or cut class. You don't know.
Buffy and Xander just give her surprised looks.
Willow: (holds up her banana defiantly) And I'm eating this banana. Lunchtime be damned! (strides off)