first aid

today i want a band aid to cover the scratch on my arm. the normal band aids aren't big enough but i don't think my scratch (tang called it an "abrasion" but i don't know what that means. sounds way too serious and technical for my purposes) necessitates the use of a butterfly bandage or even worse... gauze. i found a little booklet (or would it be pamphlet?) in a first aid kit and i hoped maybe i'd find a chart telling me what size band aid to use. rather than a handy band aid chart, there's a step-by-step guide to first aid. it was all fun and games while i read about dressing wounds, and sun burns, and how you need to stay calm while you "assess the situation" since victims need psychological support. but then we moved on to third degree burns, and heat stroke, and compound fractures with bones sticking out, and cpr, and now i'm anything but calm. uggghhh... i hope i never have children because they'll inherit my clumsiness, and someday run up to me with sun stroke and compound fractures, and i won't know what to elevate or ice (wait, you never use ice, you use cool water. not cold, cool.) or put pressure on, and then i'll pass out from an over supply of fear.
i've thrown the pamphlet (booklet?) into the kitchen and taped some gauze to my arm. i look like a fool. maybe i'll tell people it's covering an "abrasion".