the grind

there is a three week chunk of time when my job kicks trash.

"when?" you ask?

"right now." i reply.

"why?" you ask?

"because", i reply, " my mornings involve... well, hitting the snooze button. but my later mornings involve designing halloween candy labels that center mostly around a cute, little bat i made and like to call "batsey", and talking to "tom" of "the hazelnut council" about my company's hazelnut needs and flirting a little bit because "tom" has an attractive voice and let's face it, i'm lonely, and getting a free sample of hazelnut products mailed to me.
and then my afternoons are spent at the mall writing on chocolate easter eggs with frosting."

"umm... i was just being polite." you say.

"what?" i ask.

"i was just being polite. i don't really care." you say.


hu.
you're kind of a jerk.

Comments

john said…
There's a hazelnut council? Is one elected to this council, or is by appointment? Because I feel fairly attuned to the needs and values of the hazelnut and I could probably put together a pretty good platform.

Mmmmm... hazelnut...
Nama said…
free chocolate is ALWAYS worth the flirt.

and you're right. i don't care. huh.
sassinak said…
uh flirting is always worth the flirting...

:)
Em said…
Did you write "egg-zema" on any of the eggs? With a scratching bunny?
Anonymous said…
Is it easter already? Man... if someone had reminded me, I could have sent you a free chocolate sample of flavory goodness.
Andrew H said…
I wish I had a job where people sent me samples of wonderful confectionaries.

You're the COOLEST!!!
Nama said…
aw! batsey's so cute! can i have one?
Chester B. said…
Kat,

You should design some t-shirts on threadless.com.
Prize for getting your t-shirt published is $2000.
kat said…
awesome. thanks, ryan.
Lance said…
I too am a big fan of batsey. His expression perfectly mirrors my own currently.

I wish I could fly with bat wings. That would be sweet.
Em said…
batsey is a cutesy.
Ann-Marie said…
i love the new pic!
kat said…
if you like my new pic, you should see my "wishlist".