nature vs nurture

i inherited 2 things from my dad... the habit of remembering all the important things in my life in association with the food i ate, and a sad, sick love of very bad movies.

it's probably genetic.

yes, if you ask my dad about the birth of my older sister he will launch into a story about what they were serving in the hospital cafeteria that night.
yes, if you ask me about our family vacation 5 years ago, i will launch into a story about how that was when i ate a taco bell burrito supreme for the first time in my life.

and i realized last night as i launched into a very enthusiastic plot synopsis of my dad's favorite crappy movie "remo williams", the story of a cop who's death is faked and identity is altered so he can become an elite assassin guided by a martial arts master/bullet dodger/runner across water-um-er played by joel grey so he can help kate mulgrew expose an evil guy's scandal whilst falling in love with her, and escape from sure death by using an evil lackey's diamond tooth to cut through glass, that my mockery over the years of said flick has been nothing but a flimsy masking of my undying adoration of such a cinematic disaster.

i'm one step away from owning "water world".

Comments

kat said…
oh my gosh. i forgot that wilford brimley is in it.

just when i thought it couldn't get any better...
barnesanova said…
remo williams is one of my favorites as well, right up there with big trouble in little china, rad, buckaroo banzai, and once bitten.

you have to run, very fast
sassinak said…
big trouble in little china is an AWESOME movie.

so is once bitten...

and tank girl and the buffy movie and and and
Jay said…
My favorite part of that movie is that his name comes from the bottom of a bed pan.

My favorite quote from that movie: "You forgot the rice?!?"

My favorite food to eat when watching that movie: Pizza
john said…
Barnesanova: I agree with you on all accounts, especially Buckaroo Banzai,. That's a cinematic great if there ever was one...

laugha while you can monkey boy!
Nama said…
the image of a head w/ a diamond tooth cutting through glass + your gesture was priceless. even though this movie DOES sound like it's the worst of it's kind, i still have the urge to see it! kind of like "from justin to kelly"...oh SO bad, but you had to watch it. the badness was calling to you.
Em said…
i own big trouble in little china AND from justin to kelly. they keep me grounded. and approachable. :)
Ben said…
Kate Mulgrew to Jane Seymour. Go!! Oh wait, they might be the same person.
Chester B. said…
"How'd you get up there?"
"Wasn't easy."

Remo Williams was on basic cable the other night.
I loved the scene where he delicately runs over the wet cement...
Spliz said…
Big Trouble In Little China has been my traditional New Years Eve or New Years Day movie since the 80's.

I don't know why.