small talky

people are interesting.
indubitably.
doubtless.
without a doubt.

this is the conclusion i've come to after spending a week at the mall, sitting in a corner. people watching. small talking. rating attractiveness on a scale of 1 to 7...
it's a wonderful vacation from the life of a desk job.

most people are friendly and patient and willing to make good natured small talk about how my hand probably gets tired and do i mind if they watch and then they say thanks and oh, isn't that cute, and continue on with their day.
some people are not friendly. or patient. but it's because they're having a bad day (please read: "week" (please read: "year" (please read: "life"))) and let's face it, that's pretty interesting too.
and then there are the few people who are simply rude and patronizing and entitled and obviously do not believe in the concept of karma.
they should be dragged from their cars and beaten. i spent my weekend watching "newradio".

i got to deal with a little bit of everyone. which i love. mostly because it gives me something to write about.
except that i kind of don't want to write anymore.

today's moral...
people=interesting
desk job= boring

Comments

Nama said…
i like my desk, and my 'puter, and my paper clip holder, and, of course, my candy dish. they all keep me company. and sometimes, that's all i want to deal with.
Chester B. said…
Yah, most people are pretty cool. That is until they get behind the wheel of an SUV, an oversized truck or a Hummer. Scratch that, I hate people.