stoicism

if you ask me, even an adult with actual responsibilities and the ever present standard of self sufficiency looming over their heads can find themselves in a situation where it seems completely rational to have the thought, "i want my mommy" flash through their mind.

like if you're hanging from a rickety piece of scaffolding 37 stories off the ground.

or you're sitting in a prison cell in thailand because you were caught trying to smuggle heroin across the border.

or maybe you inadvertently caused a city wide black out.


or when you have the stomach flu.
correction. when i have the stomach flu.

because really, i'm not stoic. when i get a credit card application in the mail, i call everyone i know to whine about it.
so yes, after i passed out on my bathroom floor (glamorous) i thought- well first i thought, "man. i gotta stop partying like this". and that made me laugh. but then the nausea returned so i thought- "i want my mommy."

don't judge me.

Comments

Jay said…
I learned how to be Stoic in first grade. You learn that stuff when you go to Boarding School...or after watching Smoke Signals.
Nama said…
i confess, i've wanted my mommy after i've worked a 12-hour stressful day & come home completely exhausted & capable of nothing buy collapsing on the couch.

don't judge me, either.
matt said…
firstly, i'll be the judge about not judging you. secondly, how come you never call ME to whine about a credit card application you go in the mail?

/pout
Anonymous said…
... hmm ... if ... wow, not judging is complicated!
Lincoln said…
Surely you realize the field is WIDE open for a few "yer mom" jokes after this post? However, due to Mother's Day...I shall refrain. Does that make me stoic?
Em said…
Oh, no! The flu?! Not the flu! I'm sorry. :(
Leah said…
Oh honey I feel for you - I just had the stomach flu too! It was misery. I hope you feel better soon!
Annegirl said…
I can handle a lot of things, but stomach pains is not one of them. And besides, I don't think the stomach flu is entirely of this world.
Fat eSpence said…
Yo momma's so fat, her blood type is ragu. I love that one. What if your Mom's blood type were prego? Would that mean she was extra chunky?