give me twelve minutes and i'll give you my life

getting stuff together for websites is boring.
photoshop is boring.
the whole entire everything is boring.
.
.
.

i can focus on website photos for maybe maybe 5 minutes before my mind wanders. no matter what i try to do. for most of the day i've been playing a drinking game where i reward every good, work-ethical achievement with a swig of diet coke.
but it's not really helping. because i also console myself for every bad, slackerly moment... with a swig of diet coke.

i edited a picture of cinnamon hearts.

good. diet coke.

i watched an episode of "family guy" online.

bad. diet coke.

i de-emphasized the background of the picture of our "frog prince" candy.

good. diet coke.

i found a cute dog named tiramisu on petfinder, went to the animal shelter to see her, and then called the shelter later to adopt her only to find out she'd just been adopted by someone else.

bad. and kind of depressing. diet coke.

i cropped the picture of gummy bunnies.

good. diet coke.

i superimposed the "arrested development" sheep into a childhood picture of my sister.

baaahd.
oh ya. i went there.


in the re-reading of this post, i sound like i'm on crack.


... i should think about that.

Comments

Lincoln said…
Crack or not...you are brilliant.
Nama said…
i wish i had such creativity when i was bored/didn't want to work. i just end up playing card & word games on yahoo.

baaahd.
Em said…
The Tiramisu thing happened to me once too. Except mine was with a Boston Terrier named Pepper. I met him in the shelter but he wasn't on the adoption block yet... I called a few hours later and he'd already been adopted. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried. And I drank Coke.
Spliz said…
are you saying my pictures are boring?
we are not friends.
Anonymous said…
When I'm bored at work I check to see if Kat has updated her blog since I imagine she is probably bored at her job at about the same time I am.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you need a Diet Coke intervention. On the refreshment menu: Diet Coke.
Leah said…
Crack is good for you.