the creative process

back to the everyday, non holiday, one job way of life. and by that i mean i'm designing halloween labels.
again.
a quick pre-tradeshow rush job for some potential new products like this...

mmm... chocolate eyeballs...

my job is intensely glamorous.

okay so i'm trying to put some stuff together and immediately my internal heckler pipes up, refusing to be ignored...
"an eyeball.
your idea for an eyeball candy label... is an eyeball?
way to explore the literal."

"multiple eyeballs. really? i mean eyeballs are kind of gross in an anatomical, optometrist chart kind of a way but that's as spooky as it gets. but whatever, take your eyeball and run with it.
and that's not bad hypothetical life advice either. if you ever have reason to take your eyeball and run with it then you take your eyeball and you run with it. to the emergency room. and you take the scissors you were probably running with earlier and you put them away.
because you should've known better."

"wait! what? gaaa! the candy packaging is looking at me it's looking at me!"


a few years from now when i'm being commited, this blog will be used as evidence against me.

Comments

Leah said…
I have an uncle with a glass eye and he used to take it out when he was a kid to freak people out. Shoot, I would.
Chester B. said…
jeepers creepers...