new dog post: part deux

in response to the several comments bringing up the point that i may have forgotten to share any real information about my new dog other than he belongs to me and that i am responsible for keeping something besides myself and my car gulp alive, i have been trying to take a picture of my dog.
ziggy.
his name is ziggy.
(not like the mopey cartoon but like the spaceman sent here to earth to learn life lessons. that's right, david bowie, i'm looking at you.)
but see the problem is that like his owner me, ziggy has a distaste for cold.
and like his owner me, ziggy runs away from january and hides under any blanket he can find.
see? this is a pile of blankets. and i'm pretty sure ziggy is somewhere in there.
let's examine the pile a little closer, shall we?
aHA! there is definitely a pansy dog in the pile of blankets.
i rest my case.
maybe i can lure my ever elusive, greta garbo-esque dog out into the open with a piece of cheese.
or maybe he'll sniff the cheese and then fall asleep.
and maybe, just maybe if you stare at this picture long enough, it will look like the cheese is oozing out of his nose.

you know, i feel i've proven the existence of my dog (which is way more than some of my friends have ever been able to do concerning their so called childhood best friends. that's right, lincoln, i'm looking at you.) and so really, i don't have to follow him around anymore hoping he'll venture out into the open. i have nothing more to prove.

and yet.

Comments

Em said…
Oh my gosh! He's a very handsome puppy! So handsome that I just want to kiss his little face and hold him and squish him and put him in my pocket!
Saule Cogneur said…
The poor guy has no fur! Maybe you could knit him a sweater for winter...I'd want one.
Anonymous said…
Wow! Your dog looks so hypoallergenic!
Nama said…
cute! he even looks like you!

...in a gangly, cute, & snuggly way.

in fact, you've inspired me to try to locate and then purchase my dream pet...an orangutan. cuddly, solitary, & warm-climate-preferred. just like me!
Lincoln said…
Okay, so I was totally determined to find a picture of Katie Kraus and post it...but alas, I can't find one. That, however, does not mean she doesn't exist. I swear. She was a real friend. I just think you're jealous of her.
Leah said…
He's ADORABLE. My favorite is the cheese picture. I'm glad he's feeling braver. Maybe if you brought him to a warmer climate he'd be more inclined to come out of hiding.
Andrew H said…
You can do wonders with stock photos and photoshop...
Kirsten said…
ITALIAN GREY HOUND!!! HOW WONDERFULL!!!!!!!!

they NEED sweaters in the winter so lets see one b4 I have my grandma knit you one... or nessa for that matter.
Annegirl said…
Well I'm relieved. The thought of you making up a Spanish-speaking, fetching-sweater-wearing, cold-fearing canine was enough to make ME want to stick a piece of cheese up my nose and hide under a blanket.

I'm glad this whole awkward scenario has been avoided.
Spliz said…
wait! what?

YOU'RE REAL?!
like, you're a real live person?

I'm sorry, but at no point is this not going to be funny to me.
Fat eSpence said…
Ziggy piggy, ziggy piggy, oink oink oink oink!