the wisdom that comes with age

a lot of people wish they could go back in time and give their 12 year old selves some encouragement. or maybe some advice. ya. i would definitely go back in time and give 12 year old kat some advice.
some fashion advice.

first i would tell me to never let a friend, relative, or random lady in my ward touch my hair. i would tell me to save up my money and go to a really nice salon where i would never have to deal with orange, streaked, or freakishly short hair. and i would tell myself to never EVER get a perm. (ew. i shudder in remembrance of... my fro. it was angry. it wanted to hurt things. it had a blood lust.)

secondly i would tell me to never buy a trendy article of clothing when i know full well it's ugly. i would cite specifically school girl skirts, capris, and body suits. (ew. again i shudder. in remembrance of the body suit/overall combination.)

most importantly i would tell me to wear my retainer. talk about 5 years of braces down the drain.

Comments