name that tune

quick! name the clash song!

All across the town, all across the night

Everybody's driving with full headlights
Black or white turn it on, face the new religion
Everybody's sitting 'round watching television!

I'm up and down the Westway, in an' out the lights
What a great traffic system - it's so bright
I can't think of a better way to spend the night
Then speeding around underneath the yellow lights

Now I'm in the subway and I'm looking for the flat
This one leads to this block, this one leads to that
The wind howls through the empty blocks looking for a home
I run through the empty stone because I'm all alone

Comments

Em said…
LONDON'S BURNING WITH BOREDOM NOW
LONDON'S BURNING, DIAL 99999
Nama said…
I WANNA RIOT!!!
kat said…
excellent clashing.
um... ok. name the song:

"to know that you feel the same as i do is a three-fold, utopian dream."
Heather said…
That's Incubus:

"I Miss You."
Em said…
"i must tell you i'm the cool-aid kid before you serve me a drink please stick it in the fridge."
john said…
Em-

Cold Beverage by G. Love and Special Sauce. Excellent.
barnesanova said…
you took the words right out my mouth so walk a mile in my shoes, i paid so many dues, so used and abused and ah, so confused, um excuse me for example, i'm the inspiration for a whole generation...
kat said…
i'm completely stumped. vaguely familiar as an angry rap song.

sigh... i've lost at my own game.

(i'm gonna google it)
barnesanova said…
it just proves i'm too old.
Heather said…
SLAM

Let the boys be boys.

I have no idea who sings it.
barnesanova said…
nice job heather... onyx would be the group. and for a bit of trivia, this particular phrase is sung by none other than sticky fingaz, now starring in the blade tv series. there's a career jump for ya!